Specific project information can be found under the designated project pages provided under ‘Projects’. Listed below is a short review of completed projects and programmes. You can however find more detailed information on completed projects and programmes under the ‘Projects’ icon by clicking on ‘Completed Projects and Programmes’ above.
Make sure to also check out the events ARRC has attended and participated in under the ‘Projects’ icon by clicking on ‘Events’!
Completed Projects & Programmes
- The Social and Behaviour Change project with the Department of Social Development and South African National AIDS Council, 2018 – 2021.
- Consultant to the Department of Higher Education to establish support systems at educational facilities for students with disability.
- Manual development: Integrating Disability Awareness into the Life Orientation Curriculum at TVET Colleges.
- UCT Community Rehab Care Worker Curriculum • development and training.
- National sector representative for people with disabilities on South African National AIDS Council (SANAC).
- Contributed to the further development of the South African National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs 2017-2022 by ensuring the inclusion of services for people with disabilities.
- Draft Disability Sector Plan development.
- National Department of Health Disability and Rehabilitation Task Team representative contributing to the further development of the Framework and Strategy on Disability and Rehabilitation.
- Co-founder of the “Save our Soles” disability empowerment project.
- Played a major role in the current roll-out of the National Wellness Programme.
- ALIGHT Gender violence project in Botswana.
- Senecio woman and children with disability.
- In September 2017, we trained 10 Peer Supporters for the Mediclinic Muelmed Rehabilitation Unit in Pretoria.
- Between 2010 and 2013, ARRC facilitated the national roll-out of the QuadPara Association of South Africa’s (QASA) Rolling Positive Sexual Reproductive Health and Peer Support training programme.
- In mid-2018, ARRC completed research on Spinal Tuberculosis for the University Research Company, USA.
- National round table disability research task team research, monitoring and evaluation at the office of the President of South Africa.